Friday, February 8, 2008

The Meaning of Life

The meaning of life. Who would have ever thought googling the meaning of life would bring about the answer, but I realize that there is really no wrong meaning of life; there is no right answer and I decided what ever I choose it to be.

I worried about this for several years. Probably since I started college and bounced around what the popular ones were, but they don't really fit it. It was the drive to conform to society, but in most cases I don't really like where society is and where it is going. When I take a step back and look at it from different point of views, it seems more like humanity is just a fancy ant farm.

I tried to use the logics of society to convince myself that I needed to find a Super power above my comprehension. Philosophy on this is still very interesting and I went to this realm to answer that ultimate question. I'm not ruling out that there is a philosophical God, its just no longer going to impact that endless dread of not knowing what the reason to live is for.

Trying to fit in with the ways of my upbringing impacted some of my career decisions, but still there are some things that I do conform to. That may be hypocritical but its hard to operate in society with out conforming to some patterns that it lays out. I have to eat and have shelter.

I'm no longer going to worry about the mark I leave on the world. That was another struggle, I wanted to leave remnince of my existance on the world, but even the invention of the lightbulb has been mostly forgotten. They are there, and they are no longer an object of admiration. So what this leads me to is if I'm not enjoying the things I'm doing just to make that mark that will eventually be forgotten, its just a waste of my time. If its meant to leave a mark it will.

Even if there is a right answer and I'm completely wrong, I will wait for it to show up, but I'm going to quit worrying about it. Overall this has helped me to become happier (even though its only been a couple days).

Live happy, get big(thing bicepts!), and ride fast.

No comments: